Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Odds & Ends

I don't really have too much to say on any one thing, so there will be a collection of not-really-connected ideas and items I've come across.

At the cottage over the weekend, we came up with several questions that needed answers and there was no internet to find the answers, so now that we're home, here they are:

How do you make Soy Milk? (scroll way down for recipie)

How much water do fully loaded barges draw? (thanks to Kevin L for that)



Next, I thought I had won the netherlands postal code lottery, but when I googled the bank information, I found out that somebody was trying to scam me... I guess there is no such thing as a free lunch...


Last week Todd sent me a map of his bike-thru-Norway. Wow, that looks like a long way!
Finally, plans are afoot to buy a European beach house in ten years. If you have any experience buying houses on beaches in Europe, please let me know. Italy, France or Spain are the most likely spots at this time, although I won't completely rule out Greece, Croatia or Macedonia.

2 comments:

Mr. Anti-Camry said...

Whose foot is a-planning to buy a European beach house in ten years? Yours?

I'd vote for Spain. Italy is very "right now" and everybody wants a place there. France is too... umm.. French, especially on the Riveria. Check out the Spanish Mediterranean, there are a lot of relaxing little places in Catalunya and Valencia.

Anonymous said...

So soy milk doesn't come from "soy cows" in a different barn in Madison??

Spain sounds nice but Croatia may be cheaper.

Mom