Monday, July 9, 2007

Modes of transport


I've given a clue to my brother on the mobile phone. I've told him that the native peoples of the land I'll be visiting had no wheels in their "olde tyme" civilization. For whatever reason, the wheel was not an idea which would have given them much advantage. There are many climates and topographies where a wheel would not be too helpful. Imagine pulling a cart through sand, across rivers, through thick mud, or up a steep, narrow mountainous trail. (Or down a steep, narrow mountainous trail!).
The country is roughly ten times the size of England.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Argentina and Texas
Mom

monkey's uncle e said...

getting warmer. You're in the right hemisphere... and Texas is the state.

Anonymous said...

I guessed it! I guessed it! I called Erik and guessed it on the phone and he and Katie confirmed I was right!!!

He asked me not to post it on here so that the rest of you playing along at home have a chance to guess.

Anonymous said...

Is the country Chile?
Mom

monkey's uncle e said...

Nope, not Chile. But in making chili, do you add lima beans?