Thursday, July 12, 2007

My Favorite Chinese guy


I love seeing Bao Xishun in the news again. I think he is like the Chinese version of Paris Hilton. (haven't seen too much of her in the news since she went on Larry King after getting out of the slammer, huh?) Anytime Bao makes a move, it is in the news. First, he was certified "World's Tallest Man." Then he saved the dolphins with is super-long arms. Then he got married in a civil service, and now he is in this "traditional" ceremony. I can't wait to see what this hero does next! Hopefully they put him in charge of cleaning up Chinese food! He can use his massive feet to kick some serious ass!

1 comment:

Mr. Anti-Camry said...

I saw that thing about the cardboard used in Chinese dumplings yesterday on CNN. How resourceful to use it in food... the piece I saw said that 7 of 10 Chinese people didn't notice the difference between the cardboard and the non-cardboard dumplings. Those must be some tasty dumplings.

They also mentioned last month's glycol-in-toothpaste incident, where glycol (car antifreeze) was substituted for glycerine (sweetner) in Chinese-made toothpaste. It sickened hundreds in Panama, which is evidently a big market for Chinese toothpaste...

The Chinese food restaurant near my house has an auto repair shop in its lower level. Just imagine the savings by using recycled motor oil in the deep fryer... or even recycled deep-fryer oil in the Corolla's motor... "I'd rike my car's oir changed. Can I also get order of Peking Duck?"