Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Record snows in Madison

We've received approx. 13" of snow today (It has actually been snowing since yesterday), and that makes it the biggest snow event for this part of Wisconsin for 18+ years! In addition, we're about 3.5 inches away from the all time record 0f 76" for a season. The university closed down this afternoon, and the city pulled all of the busses off of the road. I was glad I rode my bike as I saw cars skidding all over the place and creeping slowly down the poorly plowed main streets. It took me a few minutes longer to get home tonight, but it was no longer than if I had driven. Snow is in the forecast for most of the next 10 days! When will it end!??
From the forecast for tonight: Snow , Definite Snow , Definite Blowing Snow

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen snow in 3 years. Send some of your snow my way.

monkey's uncle e said...

You can have it all...

Anonymous said...

I think the only place having more snow is Snoqualmie Pass and Roslyn. I think Ken and Denice have had over 160 inches this year.They have to plow and clear all the time. It is a heat wave here - 42 but with rain and wind. But at least we don't have to shovel it!
Love
MOM