Thursday, March 1, 2007

Ahh, remember when?

I was on Row2k today when this picture came up. Yes, that is me in the bow of the near boat. We are in the lightweight eight racing against the Heavy eight and the heavy quad. I think it was probably a few weeks before worlds in Lucerne. Based on the splash, it looks like I was rowing pretty short on the front end or missing, since there is still a decent splash and my legs are nearly down. It also doesn't look like there is too much bend in the shaft. Maybe we were getting the boats even here (and we had to slow down and let the heavies catch up...)
Remember when you could look at a lake and see boats and rowers and water? Me neither.
now all I see is snow and ice and people sitting in little tents trying to catch fish. And the end of the season is now just 3 months away! I hope we can get on the water soon. My prediction is March 24. What is your prediction for when the ice will break?

2 comments: