Friday, March 2, 2007

Snow Totals


February saw 22.3 inches of snow fall in Madison, making it the 2nd snowiest February in the history of Madison (or at least the 2nd snowiest since they began keeping track of those things in the 1880s.) So far the seasonal snowfall is 46.6 inches. But not to fear, it is snowing again today and tomorrow, and it looks like we'll definitely top out above 50 inches for the season.
Today is the 8th day in a row of snow here in Madison, and I am grudgingly looking again at a car which needs to be cleaned off before I can drive it. (Fortunately I got the headlights put in last night!) I saw a story on the local news here that said that 8 of the city's 50 snowplows are out of commission from working lots of long days. They definitely are not keeping up with it. Which means that I get to go sliding around town (usually intentionally).
I know, it snowed in Seattle yesterday, and boo hoo, I'm crying big tears for everybody out there.

No comments: