Monday, February 19, 2007

OMG! Finally Some Warm(er) Weather

Today we had a high temp of 43 degrees!! This is up form yesterday's high of 21. Quite an improvement. So I was wondering how long it had been since temps were above freezing. So I went to Weather Underground's calendar. I found out, that yeah, it has been cold for a while. The last day it was above freezing was January 26. Before that it was January 12th! That included 8 straight days where lows were below zero, and 14 nights total since January 12th were temps were below zero. Also, from mid-afternoon on Feb 3 until about 48 hours later on Feb 5, temps never got above zero, and got down to neg 16. So after all that, 43 feels pretty good! They are calling for about 40 and rainy this weekend, and I can't wait! I'd take that all winter long...

1 comment:

Kevin said...

You Seattle folk are nuts. As much as I hate the cold, and I hate it a lot, I'd take 28 and snowing over 38 and raining any day of the week! Much better for the biking.... I'm sure you'll just pansy out and hop in the car though.